Lost 10 pounds and down one size in my slacks. I’ve sucked terribly at remembering to post photos.
January 22, 2012
1. cliff bar
2. hummus sandwhich
3. kashi cereal with blueberries, a banana, honey and almond milk.
January 18, 2012 - today was not pretty. second time I’ve had meat since mid December.
1. lemon muffin from the Dupont farmers market.
2. business lunch at a hotel with a set menu of grilled chicken, etc. everything was very rich which gave me a headache before even finishing the meal. I also overate which is something i haven’t done in a while too.
Snack: organic fruit and nut granola bar with honey from Dupont farmers market.
3. Monthly meeting of Hill Country Club (aka: guys night at Hill Country in Chinatown). I had nachos for dinner as even their vege options contained lots of cheese or meat. But I didn’t drink which was an achievement.
January 17, 2012
1. Cliff bar. Apple. Mighty Leaf organic green jasmine tea.
2. (a) Rice. Green beans. Asparagus. Carrots. (b) Olives. Onions. Peppers. Tomatoes. Feta cheese (not vegan but I couldn’t resist). (c) Seaweed salad that was so cold I could hardly choke it down. Had to have just been taken out of the freezer.
Snack: Crackers and peanut butter.
Pre-gym Snack: 1 piece of wheat bread with hummus.
3. Bear Naked granola with a banana, honey, and almond milk.
January 16, 2012
1. Cliff bar. Coconut chocolate is my second favorite after white chocolate macadamia nut. I know these aren’t vegan but it’s a work in progress.
2. Stir fry of lettuce, spinach, and kale with asparagus, garlic, and broccoli. Carrots and hummus. 1/2 piece of wheat berry bread.
3. Baked sweet potato. Bowl of Bear Naked banana nut granola and almond milk.
Now that I’m getting into the mid/late twenties, I find myself exerting much more effort to stay healthy - aka, staying at the same weight and relative level of fitness despite the overeating and continuous drinking.
In an attempt at self control and healthy, responsible eating, I decided to go vegan in late December.
My commitment entails:
*no steroid or chemically-treated food, AKA “conventional” food
*no food of or from animals, except on occasion from an organic, grass-fed farm in nearby Virginia.
*eat as much as possible from local farms. Sunday - Dupont Farmers Market. Wednesday - Rose Park (Georgetown) Farmers Market.
*no alcohol. I thought this would be hard, but after a couple weeks of waking up feeling rested, well, and energized (i.e. - not hungover), I haven’t had much problem passing on drinks.
I’m attempting to post what I eat each day and see if it works here or if I need to start a new tumblr for that.